Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 4 of my juice feast

Things are going really well today, I've finally settled into a routine. Juicing is feeling more natural to me now. I have juiced in the past but never for every meal. I have lots of energy, despite the fact that I was up most of the night. We had a really loud thunderstorm and my son was too scared to sleep alone, he spent most of the night kicking me. The joys of motherhood!

My juices have been tasting better as well, so I'm feeling positive today. I have been trying out new vegetables to juice instead of sticking to my usual carrot based juices. They just taste too sweet to me right now. So I've been using cucumber, bok choy and red pepper as a base instead, and mixing that with my greens.

Saturday night was a little bit difficult we didn't go out , but I had to cook for the family. I was so hungry that I left the kitchen while my husband and son ate. I made myself a really nice savory tomato juice with garlic, red pepper and bok choy, but I was still feeling a bit off. When I woke up I felt much better.

It's funny how each day is so different from the next. I am feeling great clarity today, I wish I could go into work and get some things done! My son wouldn't like that too much so I'll wait until Monday. Hopefully I'll feel this good tomorrow as well.

I made a really awesome fruit juice this afternoon for a snack. Here is a picture of my watermelon, cucumber, celery and strawberry ready to be juiced.




It was so delicious. I squeezed some fresh lemon juice on top.



I just loved the beautiful deep pink color of it. Hopefully the rest of my day will be as good as it is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment