Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eating out is no longer a pleasure

I must say I love being on this high raw diet, I love all the foods that I eat. What I don't love anymore is eating at restaurants. You would think it would be easy to order a large salad! Last Saturday I went to lunch with my in-laws and every salad on the menu had cheese and meat as the star. I asked the waiter if they could just make me a really big salad with only vegetables. Sounds easy right? He got pretty confused by this and suggested I get the house salad, so I did with no dressing.
When I got my salad it was small, but I expected that because it was a house salad. Luckily I ate a small salad at home before I left just in case this would happen.

Perhaps I should have called ahead and asked them to prepare me a large salad, I will probably do that next time. I have had so many lunches that were so unsatisfying because the vegetables used to make the salad was not fresh and the salad was very small . Breakfast is often times much worse! I eat fruit in the morning and if I order that, usually out of season fruit with no taste is served.

I guess the thing I miss most about being on a cooked diet is to be able to go to a restaurant and order a meal and be full. I don't miss eating the cooked foods,I just want to be able to get large quantities of raw food when I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment