Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm not a good vegetarian


I tried to go that route and it just did not work for me. I loved eating fruits and vegetables, but I did not like traditional vegetarian sources of protein.

I tried many different tofu recipes. Since they all contained soy sauce, they all started to taste the same after a while. I also tried to eat tempeh,I did not like the texture at all. I tried many different types of soy sausages. I just didn't like them. I was not into "impostor foods".

During my brief period on this vegetarian diet I gained weight. I was eating too much cheese, pasta and bread. And I'm not even a pasta lover. I needed a change, because this was not working. Plus I was making two dinners every night. One for my meat eating family and one for me. I started to detest cooking!

Then one day I was on Twitter and someone who I was following put up a link to a raw food blog. I watched the video she posted and I decided it was time to change my diet.

Going raw has been in the back of my mind for years, but I just didn't know how to do it. Could you really live on salads and be healthy? I decided to give it a try.

The next morning I had a raw breakfast and lunch, I decided to be "raw until dinner" until I felt comfortable with my new diet. I have been on this diet ever since.

Here is a link to the blog that got me started on my raw food journey. Her blog is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment